Viewing opportunities in Asia | Also see Flow Traders New York
Founded in 2004 in Amsterdam, Flow Traders is a global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialising in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in New York, Singapore, and Cluj. They became publicly listed in July 2015 (EURONEXT: FLOW).
Flow Traders monitors international markets, instantly identifies fleeting price differences between related financial products, and seizes upon those opportunities through intelligent electronic trading processes.
The firm’s success is attributed to:
- Focus on attracting outstanding talent and developing it through the firm’s unique six-month training program.
- Collaborative culture encouraging full internal transparency.
- Entrepreneurship at every level fostering an environment filled with self-starters.
- Emphasis on the sharing of ideas and best practices through employee rotation both within and between our offices
Flow Traders offers you the opportunity to combine a passion for markets and strong quantitative skills. As a Junior Trader, you will:
- Formulate innovative strategies and models for handling execution of trade orders in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) linked to equities, bonds, derivatives and complex structured products, and
- Monitor markets and make split-second adjustments to positions generated by the firm’s automated strategies.
Flow Traders hires Junior Traders for its New York, Amsterdam, and Singapore offices throughout the year.
Additional opportunities are also available within technology, compliance, mid-office & risk. For a full list of job openings, please see this page.
The team at Flow Traders is comprised of self-starters who are passionate about the financial markets and are excited about working in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where one can be given as much responsibility as they desire or can handle.
After your six-month training in Amsterdam, you will start on a desk with 1-2 other traders and immediately begin trading a wide range of financial products. Within your first 12-18 months you will master the use of Flow Traders’ proprietary software, advance your Excel/VBA skills, and understand product pricing to a point where you will be able to manage a desk with minimal supervision.
As you progress in your career at Flow, opportunities to mentor incoming traders and create and run your own desk may arise.
The Flow Traders six-month training program is located at the headquarters in Amsterdam. Class size tends to be small – 6-8 trainees on average – in order to give a well-rounded, comprehensive and hands-on experience to each new trader. It has three main phases:
- Classroom style learning to teach you about products the firm trades and to prepare you for any necessary securities exams
- Special project with another new hire in which you will be tasked with researching new strategies
- Observation of different desks and learning as much as you can directly from the firm’s senior traders
Q&A with Flow Traders
There are four stages to the Flow Traders assessment:
- Resume screening
- Interview with Human Resources
- Mental math test (example) and behavioural tests.
- Final-round interview with the trading team in Singapore or New York, depending on your current location.
Flow Traders visits campuses of different universities around the world to recruit for their global offices. To see if they will be visiting your university, please check their recruitment calendar. Flow Traders is accepting applications for the Junior Trader role all year round.
How to apply
To apply for a role with Flow Traders, please email us your resume with the subject "Applying to Flow Traders".
If you have any questions about Flow Traders Asia, please feel free reach out to HR:
T +65 6417 1073
F +65 6417 1095
8 Marina View #39-03
Asia Square Tower 1